Followers

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Be An Angel Day

Today I'm featuring a card as a Guest Designer for My Sheri Crafts. I am delighted to have won Challenge 138 and the prize was to be the Guest Designer for this challenge! The topic for Challenge 140 this week at My Sheri Crafts is ANGEL(S). Your card or project should have at least one angel on the front. I used a Precious Moments rubber stamp from my collection. As you may have read in my previous posts where I use these beautiful stamps, they were discontinued over 20 years ago and really are precious in more ways than one!

 
I experimented with my watercolor paints on this image. This is my fourth try to get what I was trying to achieve. I love color and was trying to get a soft, blended look of the teal and purple...and it was definitely a personal challenge with watercolor paint. After painting this, I coated each of her feathers with glue and applied Warm Glitter Ritz to them. Then I used Blue Frantage embossing powder around the edge of the oval. The diecut behind the image is by Spellbinders. 


The swirly bow die is by Magnolia (the turquoise sugar coated jewel in the center of the bow is from Queen & Co.), the snowflake die is by Spellbinders (and I used the blue Frantage embossing powder on the two snowflakes). The sentiment is by Stampabilities and I used a circle punch slightly larger than the stamped sentiment.  The lace is from a company named Suhafuha. The paper...aaahhhh...this is an awesome thing to share with you. The paper is a freebie from Paper Craft Magazine. You know how they sometimes give free paper in the magazines and the paper is so thin that you really can't use it?  Well, color photocopy them. I colored copied them on Neenah Super Smooth paper and they photocopied BETTER than what the original copies look like. And now I still have my originals that I can copy again to use for another card!

I'd like to thank Sheri Holt of My Sheri Crafts for giving me the opportunity to be the Guest Designer for this challenge, and thank you to all the Design Team members for their support and encouragement! Now take out your angel stamps and we'd love to see what you can create for Challenge 140 with the topic of ANGELS.

Thanks for visiting my blog and if you leave a short comment, it gives me the chance to visit your blog.
                                                                                        Hugs,
                                                                                        Gail

I've entered this card in the following challenges:
Amusing Challenges, Craft Your Passion, Clear It Out, C.R.A.F.T., Sister Act Card Challenge, Creative Card Crew, Deep Ocean, Scrappers Delights (option: diecuts), Creative Moments, Little Miss Muffet, Christmas Cards All Year Around, Creative Fingers, Sparkle n Sprinkle, Penny Black At All Sorts, Crafting by Designs, Eclectic Ellapu (option: watercolors), Winter Wonderland

23 comments:

  1. Wow Gail this is so beautiful that image is special in more ways than one, you have coloured it beautifully, the colours, embellishments and card design look amazing, a truly wonderful card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Gail!! Love the snow-glittery details and the colorcombo,
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment :)
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your water coloring turned out great, Gail -- love these two colors together! The frantage gives it an elegant touch, as well as the pretty papers, diecuts and fabulous lace -- HOW could you part with it !! LOL
    Fabulous creation and another striking card to add to your Christmas card stash - you'll be ready way before the holiday gets here and be the first one to have your cards all sent off . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, lovely to see you as guest designer over at my Sheri crafts today. You have made a truly beautiful card for us all to see. Lovely image and FAB finishes with all the layers etc.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Gail! I love everything about your card! I have always wondered what it is called around the oval of your card! I have seen it many times, but not one person listed the name of it! Thank you so much for listing what it is called!!! :) Thank you also for joining in with us as GD at My Sheri Crafts!
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful creation! Love all the details!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More. Hope we see you again soon! And good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty Christmas card. Love the lilac and all the frantage. Great design and layout. Thanks for joining in with our 'Anything goes for Christmas' challenge at Winter Wonderland, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous and love all the detailing.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous hun loving the embossing and thanks for linking up at Clear it Out hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely Gail, the image is gorgeous and the embossing sets it off nicely, beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so beautiful gorgeous stamp its so on trend considering the time you have had it wish they were still around well done on your GDT spot love and Happy Crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty and cute Gail. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a GORGEOUS card, Gail -- LOVE all the many sweet details you've used to complete your masterpiece! Thanks so much for sharing & being GD with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. my goodness, this is so adorable!
    thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT-Challenge!

    Hugs and kisses from germany, silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the subdued coloring you achieved with watercolors...and the textures...they're divine! Thanks for joining us as guest designer at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations for being Guest Designer over at My Sheri Crafts

    Your card is gorgeous. Great use of all the die cut pieces. The image is perfect and colored so nicely. I love the use of the lace trimmings. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fabulous project with lots of great dimension and a wonderful design. Really love her two-toned wings. Thanks for sharing her with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations on your GDT spot and win-beautiful card love the watercolured image,pretty papers -love the dies and frantage
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, Gail! Love the colors and sweet angel! Thanks for joining us for the Little Miss Muffet Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous in every way, thanks for entering the Creative Moments Challenge. Leona (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty card, love it! thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Moments this time - god luck and hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete