Followers

Friday, August 22, 2014

Scruff and his buddy Bunny!

Today I'm honored to show you one of the newest stamps that will be available on August 23 at Crafty Sentiments Designs. This new stamp is named: Scruff - Cheerful.

 
I used a Whimsy corner die with a brown Pebbles dot, a Stampin' Up corner punch, a Stampin' Up punch for the sentiment, the sentiment is unmounted and I don't remember who made it, my ribbon is so old that the paper has worn off the spool. I know I bought it prior to 2007 since that was when I moved into the house I'm in and I brought this and a bunch of other ribbon with me; the adorable "Woof" button in the middle of the bow by Dress It Up!. My paper is from Basic Grey's pad named Max & Whiskers. Isn't that paper perfect for this card?  I used Stardust Stickles on the butterflies and flowers. 

 
 Now...about this card...
 
I am new to the Crafty Sentiments team and had never heard of Scruff. So, when I saw this new image, I glanced at it and thought it was 2 bunnies. Yes, I did, and I confess to coloring them up as 2 bunnies...until I got to what I now know is the tail that is between them. I didn't know what it was and why it was there. I accounted for all of their 8 feet, and then realized something was wrong. I wrote to my team leaders and was told: "It is the tail."  Well, after coloring the bunny, flowers, butterflies and grass and being happy with how they looked, I colored Scruff again, cut him out, and glued him over Bunny Scruff. (And I put away the bunny paper and took out the puppy paper.) I apologize profusely to misinterpreting Scruff as a Bunny and promise that mistake won't happen again..although as a bunny he came out very cute and I even thought of keeping him as a bunny and putting some 3-d flowers along the bottom that would cover his tail but didn't want to upset the artist by my misinterpretation. On the other hand, it shows you how versatile this stamp can be, too! So, if you can see how I cut and layered him, that's why, so please don't take any points off my card for my misinterpretation and then trying to correct my mistake. And then I got to thinking...of course it's a dog with a name like Scruff!!   
 
The Design Team at Crafty Sentiments have made cards on August 21 and August 22 showing off these newly released images. Please take a look at the Crafty Sentiments Inspirational Blog and see the new releases. You can purchase them at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by and I hope that you'll leave a comment and I'd LOVE to hear how you've misinterpreted an image and what you did to "fix" it. Your comments may help me fix my next mistake. J 
 
                                                                                 Hugs,
                                                                                 Gail 
 
P.S. I've always admired Design Teams and thought their work was flawless. I thought they were always perfect at everything. I've since found out that when you join a DT, you're still you and you aren't perfect or flawless. The difference is now I share my mistakes and how I fix (or cover) them up and more people read about it.
 
This card is entered in the following challenges:

33 comments:

  1. Gail this is totally adorable fabulous colouring of the image and I like the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail you did make me smile and this is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love love your card Gail !! Suzette will forgive you I'm sure.........

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Gail love this new stamp.Thanks for playing Crafting by Designs Challenge god luck love and happy crafting hugs Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this image, Gail, and that ribbon you used for your bow is just perfect! Mistakes are simply opportunities, right? :-D So happy to see you playing in our Furry Friends challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous image, and that bow and sentiment is just perfect, nice work my friend
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, this is sweet, Gail! I think I love your animal cards the most! Your little woof bow is adorable! I can see how you thought he was a bunny - either way he's very cute! Sorry I haven't visited in so long but I've been moving and I am finally in the new house - Yay!!!! There are boxes everywhere and we can't find anything, but I am so happy to be here - finally. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this its gorgeous love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card great design hun love it and thanks for linking up at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this weeks hugs Judith DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card love this stamp thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Great coloring
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
    Huggs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gail, What an adorable card. I absolutely love that ribbon and paper you used, a great match up.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gail this is adorable. Well done you for admitting to your mistake, no-one is perfect but it's all an opportunity to learn. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card! ! Happy, sweet and gorgeous! Honestly your colouring of scruff as a bunny is not that bad for a dog! ! Your colouring is so great that it works brilliantly and the image appears as a superb celebration of friendship and beautiful nature
    Splendid as usual. Thank you for sharing at love to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just goes to show that we're all "human", flaws and all . . . and you did a wonderful job correcting Scruff, so had you not mentioned it, we'd never be the wiser! This card is fabulous and I especially love the shading on your butterflies. Oooooh, the ribbon coordinates beautifully (good thing ribbon "ages" well, huh) as well as the button. The doggy paper is adorable and you always work so hard on coordinating and complementing everything involved on your cards. Fabulous, fabulous job, Gail !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome take on our challenge @ Clear It Out...drop by again and show us more of your talent...good luck now <((><

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute, love the DP and 'woof' button. Thanks for joining us at the Clear it out challenge blog-see you Tuesday for a new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful card Gail! so cute creation! Thank you very much for your fabulous work. :-)

    Valou xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute project! Thanks for playing at Clear It Out! We hope to see you next challenge and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gail, the coloring and the layering on this card are gorgeous! And I love your doggie bone bow! THanks for joining us for the Pets and Ribbon Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute card Gail I love it.
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the color combo you’ve chosen to use. They coordinate so well. Your card is so pleasing to the eye and great image and coloring! . Thank You for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday. Amy A, DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card. Thank you for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your card and the cute little stamp that you used for it. Great coloring :) Thanks so much for sharing it with us on the RRR challenge too this month.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So darned cute! Fabulous image. Great card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. awwww, this is so adorable!! love it.... and if you havent told about the mistake, I couldnt tell.. it is just perfect!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the happy image and co-ordinating B.paper and gorgeous bow with the woof button
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, this did make me laugh but it turned out so well in the end! It's a lovely fun card - gorgeous DP and bow to complement the image :-)
    Thanks also for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your super crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete