Followers

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bows, bows, bows

Well, this is my first post as a member of the Craft-Dee Bowz Challenge team. I'm having a hard time typing as I jump up and down with excitement on being invited to this team. If you don't know me, please just cruise down the posts and you'll see I'm a lover of lace, ribbons and bows.  I'm in heaven having my arm twisted and being forced to use lace, ribbons and bows on my cards for this team.

After getting this card on my blog and working on the post, I noticed the photo of my card is slightly crooked and because I layered the inside with the same papers, the front doesn't sit flat against the back of the card. By doing that, it makes my jewels across the card, under the image, look crooked, too. But the card is square and the jewel strips are straight. You can see from the shadow on the bottom of the card that the left side of the card isn't flat. Sigh. Why is it that I see these mistakes AFTER it's too late to re-photograph and still be on time with my post?! I therefore, apologize to anyone who gets a headache from looking at a crooked photograph.  ;)


I used a new image I got this month from Lili of the Valley (one of my favorite companies) and the diecut around my image and directly behind my image are by Spellbinders and I've used them numerous times. My sentiment is by Cardz TV and I used a Stampin' Up punch to cut it out. And a close-up of my image. I used adhesive jewel trim (isn't it awesome...sparkly and shiny!) and then sprinkled Warm Glitter Ritz over it because the adhesive is shiny and I could see it between the jewels--if you look close you can see the glitter shine between the jewels. I used flat back dark green pearls in the corners and four sugared gold tone jewels on the Spellbinders diecut; the pearls and jewels are from Queen & Co. (my favorite embellishment company).


 
What do you think of my bow?  Here's a close up of it that I made with my handy dandy Craft-Dee Bowz tool. You think I'm kidding, right? I'm not! This little bow maker is awesome and for someone like me who has made bows by hand and even resorted to having hubby Tim make me a 'bow maker' with a 2x4 and 2 of the 6" nails (with the heads sanded off) pounded into the wood, then you know I'm serious about bows. I like pretty bows that are looped nice and I think I've found how to do that with my new tool
 


This ribbon was a little more stiff than the satins and silks I'm used to, but then again, because it was a little more stiff, it made a great bow. It holds it's shape so nice and it cut wonderfully. My stickpins went right through the center of the bow with no problem and I glued the pretty white rose in the center. Are you wondering what the clear tips are that I put on the end of my stick pins?  I purchased them at Michael's or JoAnn's, in the bead section. They're actually considered "earring backs" but if you don't push the pin all the way through, they're wonderful to protect whoever handles the card from the sharp tip!  In this photo, you can actually see the Warm Glitter Ritz between the jewels where the bottom of the bow is.

Well, I hope you'll join us at Craft-Dee Bowz for our challenge of ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW!

                                                                                   Hugs,
                                                                                   Gail

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Jelly Park, Pink Gem, Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge, 613 Avenue Create, Scrapbook Stamp Society, Pile It On, Addicted to Stamps, Weekly Christmas Card Challenge, Glitter n Sparkle, Robyn's Fetish, That Craft Place, Whoopsi Daisy, Ooh La La Creations, Melon Headz Friends, Blessings, Creative Card Crew, Penny's Challenges, Hanna and Friends, Sister Act Card Challenge, Fairytale Stamper, The Christmas Challenge, Cardmania, Divas by Design, Digi Stamps 4 Joy, Stempel Magic, Sparkles Forum, Aurora Wings, Dream Valley, Fresh Brewed Designs, Inspiration Destination, Loves Rubber Stamps

38 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable and love the bow!! You did a wonderful job. Welcome aboard the CDB DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Gail! Lovely image and LO, that bow is amazing! Congrats on the new DT and Happy New Year!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Gail, super sweet image, love the papers and your colour combo, the ribbon bow is so lush and finished perfectly with the pearl, lovely work!

    Happy New Year to you and Yours, hope you have a good one!!

    Hugs Jacee

    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful card, Gail! Love the gold embellishing on the green. Welcome to the CDBZ DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous Gail
    Gr Karin

    and

    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    and


    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator




    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Gail! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ CCC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Super card! Love all the details! You should come check out my NEW challenge going on! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Gail! I am so happy for you and your new DT! Well deserved! The bow is gorgeous and I love the stick pins too! The image is adorable - love the sparkle! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, love the image you have used thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Christmas card!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Happy New Year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. An adorable card, Gail, and I'm sure you'll be a great asset to their design team!! This card is so pretty and elegant - the gold touches to it make it stand out superbly. Of course, your bow is excellent, and the flower and pins added to it are perfection. Lovely image, which is perfectly colored and shaded, as your usual forte !! Happy 2015 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your Design Team position Gail. Your card is adorable, love this cute LOTV image and your colouring. Wishing you and you family a Happy New Year and all of the best for the new year. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back with another DT hat on:
    Gail this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ADD GLITTER’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gail, I can only imagine how lovely this must look IRL with the rhinestone strip and the gold textured mat. love it! The design is perfect and so festive! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog!

    XO,
    Chris
    http://ascrappersmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Gail,
    your card is sooo cute! Very, very nice!
    Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Stampers!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Gail! Love the soft colours and the gold frame is such a stunning way to showcase that adorable image! Love it! hugs until next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card. Love that sweet image and all the details on your card. The gold frame around your image is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card!
    Thank you for participating ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  20. An adorable card. Wonderful colours and colouring work. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous .. Thanxx For Playing This Week At The Robyn's Fetish Challenge .Good Luck
    Sherry @ Robyn's Fetish DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous just love this its amazing your colours stamp and design are just perfect love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is sooooo pretty! Love the image!

    Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creation Gail! Wow! That frame is fabulous! Love this card!

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Digi Stamps 4 Joy!! Hope to see you again for the next challenge. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautiful. I love everything from the ribbon, to the diecuts to the image. Thank you for sharing with us at the Glory of Christmas. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous Design! Love your colors! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps this time around.
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful project!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope you come back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a fab card and image love your colouring and hope you had a good new year

    ReplyDelete
  29. awwww such a beautiful - i love the colours and all the details

    thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge at That Craft Place

    hugs Kerrie x
    TCP DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 49 with your lovely card, Hazel , Glory of Christmas DT, also for my CHNC challenge 210 x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats, Gail! Your first DT make is fabulous...oh so elegant and rich. LOVE your colouring. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope the new year is treating you well!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge and good luck!
    Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. thanks for joining us at digi stamps 4 joy.... love your card

    ReplyDelete
  34. such a sweet design and love the use of gold on the frame thank you for joining at Ooh La La Creations Christmas Challenge
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so very pretty. I love the colors you chose. Sorry, I haven't been by lately, I fell off the edge of the planet for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Way to go on the new DT Gail and well-deserved!
    I love this card... the pretty image, all the gorgeous bling... so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh Gail, she's beautiful! I agree, LOTV image are very hard to beat. Love all your details and congrats on teh new DT position. Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles this month, we have a new challenge starting on the 15th, hope you'll join us again.

    Hugs
    Brenda
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete