Followers

Monday, May 1, 2017

Walking on the wild side!

It's May 1...already. And so it's time for a new challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ.  And, our challenge this month is ANYTHING GOES AND ADD A HAND MADE BOW.  My cubby buddy and friend at work, Dani, has a daughter named Emmy who is having her 5th birthday in just a few days. Emmy LOVES giraffes so when I saw this image on Bugaboo, I had to use it for a card for Emmy. This image was taken from the set named Tall Jungle Blocks.




Here's a close-up of this cute giraffe. And the rest of the animals in this set are as cute, too! I used a leaf die cut and shaded the leaves with my Copics for a little dimension and I used foam tape so they're not flat on the card. The sentiment was cut out with a circle nested die cut set and a scalloped circle punch. I embossed my tan craft paper with an embossing folder.



Last but not least is my yellow bow. I used my bow tool which saves me time and ribbon since every bow comes out wonderful. I've marked my bow tool to show the size bow I can make by moving the rods in the pre-drilled holes. The way I marked mine doesn't show ALL the sizes since you can obviously put the 2 rods in a lot more configurations for smaller or larger bows, but these are the sizes I use most. I measured and marked with a fine Sharpie and then I put a thin coat of Modge Podge over it, not blocking the holes. A picture of my bow tool is below.


Here's the perfect yellow triple looped bow made with my Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Tool.




Our sponsor this month is Bugaboo Stamps and the challenge prize this month is FOUR digital images, winner's choice!

As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of paper crafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was six years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide new releases and freebies every week!



The team at Craft-Dee BowZ have created fabulous projects to inspire you and we hope you'll join us this month for our ANYTHING GOES AND ADD A HAND MADE BOW challenge!

                                                                                                        Thanks for stopping by!
                                                                                Gail



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Gail, and what a sweet looking giraffe....I'm sure Emmy will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Gail, and what a sweet looking giraffe....I'm sure Emmy will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail this is just perfect love the colour and that great giraffe its such a beautiful card and stunning bow bet Dani just adored it Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmy is absolutely going to LOVE this card, since she loves giraffes -- she probably won't let it out of her sight! Adorable image, and perfect background paper, and look at you -- how you've perfectly matched your leaves to your die cuts. The lovely bow tops it all off in stunning perfection. What I wouldn't give to see Emmy open this card -- beautiful smiles and awe, I'm betting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail I just love this card. It is so adorable.Super bow. Thanks much for a darling project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! I love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete